West Court campaign
The creation of West Court marks an exciting new chapter in our history.
With the help of generous supporters we are creating a new court at the heart of our historic community. West Court will provide:
- Improved facilities to help us attract the best students: a large social centre, including a new café-bar, undergraduate and graduate common rooms, and a dedicated student events space.
- An academic centre, consisting of a multifunctional lecture theatre seating 150, a suite of meeting and interactive rooms of various sizes, and offices for research staff.
- Accommodation for visiting scholars.
- Plans for further development include a 300-seat auditorium, a gym, archives, and additional rooms for functions and exhibitions.
By providing much-needed extra space and up-to-date facilities, West Court will benefit students, Fellows, staff, alumni, friends of the College, and visiting scholars from around the world.
Where are we now?
We launched our campaign for West Court in April 2015, and we're delighted to have raised over £11 million so far. Bringing our plans for West Court to fruition is proving to be one of the most important projects in the College’s history, and we're hugely grateful for the widespread support we have received from our alumni and friends.
We're well into the second year of work to transform the former Wesley House into West Court. It's fast becoming habitable, and undergraduates and graduates are enjoying their new Junior and Middle Common Rooms, which opened in November 2015, and the new café-bar including an underground event space. Also now in use are the splendid Webb Library, dining and Bawden rooms. Building work continues, with a completion target of Easter 2017.
Make a donation
We still have a long way to go before we can fully realise our vision for West Court. Every gift, large or small, will help us to get there – please make a donation today. Your name will be recorded in a public space in the new building, along with other donors to the campaign.
There are several ways to give:
Giving from outside the UK
- Make a donation online, making sure to designate your gift for “my college” specifying Jesus College’s West Court Campaign in the free text box.
- Alternatively, please download and print this donation form to give in a tax efficient manner from the United States.
Canada and rest of the world
If you would like to give tax-efficiently from Canada, please let the Development Office know so that they can send you a University receipt acceptable to the Canadian tax authorities once your gift has been processed.